Tomato sauce with basil and garlic
100% Italian tomatoes, garlic and basil will immediately spread the characteristic aromas and flavors of Italy. Garlic and basil are harvested, dried and combined with tomatoes from crops grown under the Apulian sun, hand-picked at their prime and processed within 24 hours. The freshness and authenticity of traditional methods make the difference. A fragrant, dense pulp with a balanced flavor, excellent for fresh and quick sauces but also for a different and original pizza.
Like home-made preserves
- THE SUN, THE SCENT, THE COLOR OF SOUTHERN ITALY: Fior Fiore tomatoes are grown and vine ripened in the traditional Italian way. Only the best fruit are selected and prepared using the slow, intentional methods of the past, to maintain the full aroma, rich color and deliciously sweet and tart taste.
- COLLECTED AND PROCESSED WITHIN A DAY: Fior Fiore tomatoes are picked and processed within the same day - the only way to ensure freshness and authenticity remain intact. From seed to harvest strict quality control ensures each individual tomato is destined for the product line most suited to its quality.
- INDIVIDUALLY HAND-SELECTED: Traditional manufacturing processes can often be handled by advanced technologies, however no machine is as discerning as the human eye. That’s why each tomato is hand selected and double-checked after peeling, so only the finest, most perfectly shaped tomatoes pass the Fior Fiore quality test.
- THE DELICATE MECHANICAL PEELING: Our tomatoes are peeled and prepared slowly and delicately with mechanical precision. We don’t use industrial processes such as thermophysical peeling, where fruit is exploded in a high pressure chamber, leaving skin attached to the pulp, leading to nutritional waste. Our tomatoes are velvety smooth and whole, with their robust, fruity aroma fully maintained.
- BOILING IN THE "BOULES" : Fior Fiore tomatoes are slow cooked for over an hour, in traditional “boules”, for a full bodied, intense tomato flavor and nourishing nutrition just like a traditional homemade preserve.
Tomatoes, Tomato juice, Salt, Basil, Garlic, Citric acid.
Store the product in a cool, dry place. Once opened keep refrigerated (2-8°C) and consume it within 3 days.
|Nutrition Facts||Per 1/2 cup (125mL)||%Daily Value*||Read more|
*5% or less is a little, 15% or more is a lot
Tomatoes: the king of Italian vegetables
The favorable climate of the south led to the production of tomatoes that were larger and bright orange-red in color. However, it wasn’t until the 18th and 19th centuries, especially after Italy was unified, that tomatoes cinched their spot in popular Italian cuisine.
Submit your review