Originally from Sicily, but present in many recipes of the Central South, Casarecce are short pasta noodles with curled edges and a groove down the middle. Reminiscent of a parchment, the smooth and porous surface of this delicious pasta holds onto sauces incredibly well, making it a popular choice for many popular dishes.
Authentic Italian Pasta
- QUALITY COMES WITH TIME: We understand that good food comes from quality ingredients, and great food comes with time. That’s why we use the best ingredients and traditional, low-temperature, artisanal preparation methods to bring to you an aromatic, flavorsome, perfectly textured pasta that to which sauce clings rather than slides.
- ARTISANAL BRONZE-CUT PASTA: Traditional Italian bronze-cut pastas are slightly coarser than the modern day faster produced Teflon, resulting in a pasta that cooks better and holds the sauce the way it should, rather than slipping off in a pool at the bottom of your bowl. We choose Italian pasta factories that extrude pasta with bronze-cut dies, because at Fior Fiore, we don’t prioritize production speed at the cost of quality.
- SLOW, LOW TEMPERATURE DRYING: Fior Fiore pasta takes12 hours to dry, passing through different climatic zones. This slow, low temperature drying is critical to preserve the aroma, flavor and some nutritional value of the wheat and to maintain a consistently high quality and texture. Our slow, traditional drying methods are what set Fior Fiore worlds apart from industrial pasta that dries for less than two hours at high temperatures.
- PERFECT PASTA JUST IN 10 MINUTES:It’s widely understood that the thickness of pasta affects its cook time and presentation. Thick pasta holds its form better, but requires fourteen to fifteen minutes to cook. Fior Fiore has rewritten the rules after 30 years of formulating, testing, adjusting recipes, to create a perfectly textured and shaped pasta that is fully cooked in 10 minutes. Now you can enjoy a perfect, full flavored, al dente pasta, pasta in less time, every time.
- AL DENTE PASTA EASIER TO DIGEST: Experts suggest that pasta should be drained at the right time and eaten al dente (when it is tender outside but still firm inside). This cooking method enhances the taste and makes pasta easier to digest.
Durum Wheat Semolina
Bring 1 litre of water to a rapid boil. add a pinch of salt. Gradually add pasta to the boiling water. Stir gently and return to a rapid boil. Cook without a lid, stirring occasionally for the minutes indicated on the package or until reaching the desired degree of tenderness. Drain and season to taste.
Cooking time: 8 minutes.
|Nutrition Facts||Per 1/5 package (85g)||%Daily Value*||Read more|
*5% or less is a little, 15% or more is a lot.
Sicily: the queen of the Mediterranean
Undoubtedly a region of unique beauty, the largest island in the Mediterranean boasts incredible wonders on both land and sea. It is the southernmost region of Italy and a treasure chest full of precious, ancient flavors. Kissed by the sun, its fertile lands and pristine seas yield the ingredients that account for the island’s delicious cuisine and flavorful wines. Its climate accounts for the fact that it’s one of the most important producers of citrus fruit.
Like its landscape, Sicilian cuisine reflects a mix of colorful and intense flavors, with Arab, Greek, Spanish, and French influences.
Village of Marzamemi, in the province of Syracuse, Sicily.
Submit your review